Baker’s Green Acres Poultry Processing Butcher Shop
OPEN FOR THE 2020 SEASON FROM APRIL THROUGH NOVEMBER. Contact us to GET SCHEDULED TODAY!
Drop off is on Thursday, with processing on Friday. Pick up is Friday evening. Processing season runs from April until the end of November. Quick, professional service!
Basic service includes cleaning, cooling, bagging the bird in a freezer-weight bag, and labeling it with what it is, date, and weight.
- Chickens: 0-6 lb: $4.00/bird
- 6-8 lb: $4.50/bird
- over 8 lb: $5.00/bird
- Layer hens, roosters, Guinea fowl: same as chickens
- Turkeys: $9.00/bird
- $0.50/lb. over 20# dressed weight
- $2.00 for a full giblet bag in turkey
- Ducks: $6.00/bird
- Ducks are plucked as best we can unless specified to skin them.
- Geese: $9.00/bird
- Geese are plucked as best we can unless specified to skin them.
- Rabbits: $5.00/rabbit
- $8.00/rabbit and skin
- Vacuum sealing: $0.50/bird (not available for turkeys or chickens over 7 lb.)
- Peeling gizzards: $0.50/Gizzard
- Cut in halves or quarters: $1.50/bird. One bird per bag.
- Cut for boneless, skinless breast: $ 2.50/bird.
We’ve been helping people put their birds and rabbits in their freezer since 2005. With 15 (and counting) years of service, we offer you premium quality, “we can do that” processing, ensuring your birds are clean and ready to use when you take them out of your freezer.
You can see the crew in action in this video: Processing chickens at Baker’s Green Acres
Baker’s Green Acres, Inc.
Mark & Jill Baker
1579 Brinks Rd.
Marion, MI 49665
"Do you like butchering chickens?" We get asked this question fairly often through the summer. The answer, in a nutshell, is "NO." So, why do we do it? I made a quick video recently asking the kids that question: https://youtu.be/uss_i0eRYwU The simple answer is...