Anyone Can Farm, and we can help. We custom process your chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese, and rabbits quickly and cleanly, relying on several years of processing experience to deliver professionally done, ready to freeze birds (or rabbits) back to you. Here’s the process:
- Call us 231-825-0293, to schedule your birds. We take birds in on Thursday afternoon or evening to process on Friday. We’ll need to know about how many birds you have and when you need them to be done.
- Wednesday evening remove their feed, making sure they have plenty of water. If you’re bringing layers, this may be a good time to pick them up because they are so much easier to catch when they’ve roosted for the night!
- Thursday evening bring your birds to the farm. Dog crates are popular, although we’ve seen them come in many, many different containers. If you might need cages when you get here let us know in advance so we are sure to have enough available.
- When you drop off your birds you’ll fill out a processing tag so we know how you’d like your birds back, any piece cutting, organs, vacuum sealing, etc. This tag will travel through the whole process with your birds.
- Friday evening after 5 pm you will need to pick up your birds. We can store them overnight but will charge for keeping our cooler on. They will be chilled, bagged in a freezer weight bag, and labelled with item, weight, and date, and ready to go straight into your freezer.
Our processing season starts in late April or May, depending on demand. We finish up the season with Thanksgiving turkeys in November.
That’s it! You did the hard work of raising your own birds. We’ll do the rest.
Call today to get your birds on our schedule!
2020 – Poultry Processing Pricing – Baker’s Green Acres processing facility in northern Michigan.
|Baker's Green Acres Processing 2020|
|Chickens||Over 8 lbs||$5.00|
|Layer Hens- Roosters-Guinea Fowl||Same Price as Chickens|
|$.50 over 20# dressed weight|
|$2.00 for Full Giblet Bag in Turkey|
|*Ducks are plucked as best as we can. Indicate if you prefer skinning.|
|Rabbit and Skin||$9.00|
|Additional Value Added Services|
|Vacuum Sealing||Per Bird -(Not available on birds/turkeys over 7 lbs)||$.50|
|Saving - Gizzards, hearts, and livers||$5.00/ per 20 birds|
|Gizzards- peeled||Per Gizzard||$1.00|
|Cutting||Halves or quartered - Per Bird||$2.00|
|Cutting||Boneless Skinless Breast -Per Bird||$4.00|
Baker’s Green Acres, Inc.
Mark & Jill Baker
1579 Brinks Rd.
Marion, MI 49665