Rest and relax while learning about homesteading and farming. Spend a day at Baker’s Green Acres with other homesteaders, learning, connecting, discussing, sharing skills and ideas. We’ll enjoy a potluck lunch together on Saturday with Baker’s Green Acres providing disposable table service if needed. Mark’s planning to roast a hog for supper, so plan to stick around if you can!
A limited number of rustic camping sites will be available on the farm for Friday night (July 9) and Saturday night. We’ll have campfires both nights, so stick around to enjoy a good visit. There are several lakes to enjoy in the area and nice restaurants in the local towns (Falmouth, McBain, Lake City, Cadillac). We’re only about 6 miles from Ebels in Falmouth, which is a destination experience in itself.
Scheduled workshops include:
- Brice Mosher from Infinity Microfarm talking about soils and soil management
- Andrew Cross talking about propagating and managing trees
- Haven Dezeeuw talking about operating a startup with chickens and more
- Josh Cross of Cross Apiary will present a-z beekeeping
- Rachel Jamison talking about old fashioned ways to preserve foods without freezing and refrigeration
- Jill Baker from Baker’s Green Acres talking about eating from your ecosystem and the benefits of weeds
- Mark Baker’s fabulous hay ride tour of Baker’s Green Acres
Families are welcome. Family rates available.