Fencing for Success online Class: Fencing Basics
Tired of fitful sleep and calls from neighbors with your livestock in their yard? Good fences make a big difference in farming, whether it’s a couple pigs or goats, or a growing herd of grass fed beef. Save time, money, and relationships by learning how to set solid corner posts, pound a straight line of posts, and stretch field fence from an experienced farmer, Mark Baker. Whatever you’re fencing in, these skills will set the foundation for a good fence that will keep your animals where you want them.
"Fences make for good neighbors," so the saying goes.
Anyone Can Farm! And there's no need to reinvent the proverbial wheel.
There are two critical things to invest in no matter what animals you intend to have on your property: fences and water. Fencing is one of the things we learned to appreciate early on and spent many years honing as we chased goats, pigs, cows, and horses back to where they belonged. In this one hour online video class you'll get to try your hand at:
- setting corner posts for a fence
- lining up a straight fence
- stretching and securing woven wire field fence
Where else can you learn real farming skills on a real working farm from people who are really doing the thing? This one hour instructional course includes
- a list of the tools and materials you'll need
- other resources to help you get started with your fencing project
- ongoing access to the farmer to get your questions answered as they come up!