Reserve your forage and small grain fed Mangalitsa Hog. GMO free. Final price will be $4.50/lb. of hanging weight, which is killed, chilled, and ready to cut. Basic processing included in price. Curing for bacon/ham and sausage are extra. Average hanging weight about 125-150 lbs. We will contact you for cutting instructions.
A heritage breed, the Mangalitsa pig is a lard type hog renowned for it red, flavorful meat and creamy, premium quality lard. It grows well on forages and unconventional feeds, so these pigs are pasture raised and GMO free. This is a pork you won’t find anywhere else!
What will you get? Most of your hanging weight, if you want it. Possible cuts and pieces include:
- Any and all organs you want
- Head and trotters cleaned for broth, any and all bones
- Collar steaks from the shoulder
- Pork picnic roasts, ground pork, or sausage
- Pork chops
- Lots of back fat and leaf fat for you to render
- From the back leg, depending on your preferences: ham, roasts, ground pork
That’s most of the pig right there, except for trimmed pieces. These are super fatty pigs, so you will get a lot of fat back, ground and ready to render.
Check out this video about the pig!