OK. First things first.
What on earth is an “LZ” you ask?
An “LZ” is an acronym for a “Landing Zone.” In adapting this military concept to our purposes, it is an area where we can land/stop, interact with local people, and deliver needed supplies (in this case dependably wholesome meats and eggs). A Landing Zone is a more fun way of saying “buyer’s club delivery point.”
Do you live in Michigan? Do you like the sound of “free delivery?” A LZ is your answer.
Basically, it works like this:
- Orders are placed through the website or by phone, with the preferred LZ/delivery site indicated at checkout. Payment is through Paypal, or by check at delivery.
- Delivery times and schedules are the same each time, falling every 4-5 weeks. The schedule will be published and available online. We will send e-mail reminders.
- Order deadline is one week before the pick up day.
- You must be present at time of delivery or we will not leave your order (unless you have made prior arrangements).
- Look for bulk buying deals to save! Whole chickens and whole/half hogs, or larger bundled deals are savers.
- Transportation and profitability constraints require that each drop-off maintain a $1,000 sales average in a given year. New sites need a $500 total order to start and with a goal to be at the $1000 goal within a year.
- Get a 5% discount when you order for the first time and identify who referred you. Get a $10 product credit per verifiable and traceable referral.
- All transactions not paid online are COD with check or cash.
- BGA welcomes and encourages all buying club patrons to visit the farm and deepen this food relationship.
In a nutshell, order and choose a LZ drop site near you. We’ll e-mail you a confirmation of the delivery time and date. Meet us there. That’s it.
Don’t see a LZ spot near you? Become one!
Here’s what you need:
- Must be within 3 hours from the farm
- Must have parking available.
- Must be in a home/private property location, no parking lots unless you own it.
- $500 in orders per drop to start, with a goal of averaging $1000 total orders per drop within a year.
Plus, there are perks to being the LZ host/hostess:
- You get delivery to your own door.
- You save 5% off your product orders.
- You get a $10 referral bonus for every new person who identifies you as the referral source.
- For first time orders, the person you refer will use your coupon identifier for a 5% discount and you will be identified as the source. We will credit you for all referrals when you order next.
- You can help the people you care about to receive great, wholesome food
You can read all the details here: Landing Zone Buyer’s Club.